Google
 

Monday, November 17, 2008

More on Kosovo School Kids


These are some of the children we will be crafting for, their school is located in Cerkez Sadovina, Kosovo. It has 3 classrooms and educates 125 kids, grades first through fifth. The school has no running water and is heated by very old wood burning stoves. These children have very little and as well as the hats, scarves and mittens (I forgot to mention mittens?? well mittens too!!) they need school supplies and other warm clothing.
.
The first picture is of Brad, Dave's friend, in front of the school with the children. The second one is my friend Dave, on the day they painted the school, with some of the children. Dave and Brad with other service members have been trying to help these children and the school and think it's great that we are trying to help.
.
If you would like to help email me at debsstuff1955 (at) yahoo (dot) com

3 comments:

Leigh said...

It's incredible that you're starting this project for these kids. I'm sure that they will truly love and appreciate what you make for them! I'm thinking of doing some charity knitting as well, but on a more local level. Perhaps something for a local children's hospital. Anyways, best of luck!
-Leigh (LiveLoveKnit on Ravelry!)

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great idea! Count me in! Jennifer

lizzzknits said...

What a great project you are doing. I have knit for "Warm Woolies" and I always wonder who will be wearing my hat! Thanks for stopping by my blog.