Google
 

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dave is Home from Kosovo

His wife, who just happens to be my boss, is very, very happy. And as we all know, when the boss is happy, everyone is happy! He looked over what we have collected already and liked it all. He was telling me it was -2 degrees F when he left there. He also said that these kids really do walk to school in several feet of snow, just like our grandparents claim they did. These kids really do need the hats, scarfs and mittens that we are sending them and I would love to be able to send enough so every child in that school would have something! Dave will be going back next Sunday with as much as he can take but we will still be sending packages to him until his tour of duty is over, I will probably be mailing up to the end of January, so if you can find the time to make just one extra scarf, hat or pair of mittens for these kids it would be great!
.
Please email me at debsstuff55 (at) yahoo (dot) com

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I have five warm hats ready to mail to you on Monday. You should get them Wednesday or Thursday. So these five can make there way back with Dave.

I'll do a few more if I can mail them later. Is there a deadline?

Deb Upcycles said...

I'm saying the end of January because Dave's tour of duty is over sometime around the end of February.