Google
 

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Making Progress - Finished Projects

I've been working hard this past week and a half, even with my youngest graduating from college last Saturday. As well as the projects I have pictures of below, I've finished about half of the hug pillows I had cut out, a couple of baby hats, and several squares to add to the ones my great readers have been sending for my nursing home project.
I finished crocheting the borders around the squares Lynda sent. They were several different sizes and I love how the lapghan came out. The different sizes and patterns really adds to it.
I wanted to make one for a man so I chose squares I thought would work well for that goal. This one is entirely made up of squares that were sent for this project. If you sent me squares see if yours were used! If not, well I have many more lapghans to make. keep checking back! If you would like to contribute to my nursing home/hospice project, email me at debstuff55 (at) yahoo (dot) com

I also finished the eight girls skirts I was making for Kenya, too. I'm just waiting for the address for where to send them.

10 comments:

bevq said...

These are just gorgeous Deb!
You just are so creative and make really high quality stuff! Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com

Lilacanglia said...

You have been so busy,
They will be so gratefully received and used,
Your a very lovely lady to do all of this,
Well Done,
Hugs
Angie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. You will be blessed.

aseknc said...

Great Job!!
You go girl!!!
Hugs & Blessings,
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`♥Anita

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work--I especially like the first afghan--nice colors!

Stephanie B. said...

those lapghans are beautiful, very nice!

River Glorious said...

Very nice! I like them both. Good job there, Deb.

dining room tables said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! They are so lovely and so adorable!

Stormie said...

The Lapghans are beautiful and I'm sure the girls and ladies that receive your skirts are gonna love them. Great work!

Hugs(((())))

Unknown said...

I sent dresses for the 'Little Dresses for Africa' project. If that's the address you need, I can provide it.
Your granny square afghans are lovely. I belong to a group which makes lapghans for nursing homes and hats for newborns. At Christmas, we make hats and scarves for school children and have now added a homeless shelter for women and children to our list of recipients. It makes you feel good to be helpful, doesn't it?
Warm regards, Susan