Google
 

Thursday, May 13, 2010

What I'm Working On... Stretching Myself Too Thin

I just have way too many things going on, I got tired of taking pictures so I'm only going to show some of them. Lynda from Delaware sent me this squares that she had sitting around in hopes that they would become a lapghan for my local nursing homes. There were several different sizes so I'm putting a border on them to make them all the same size.

These squares are finished, all I have to do is sew them together and make a nice lapghan for the nursing homes. If you would like to donate to the nursing homes see this post for what's needed.

I've been working on this one for awhile, these are Never-Ending-Blanket squares for a never-ending-blanket done in red, blue and purple. I just keep adding to it whenever I feel like it and have enough scraps of yarn. This blanket will end up going to Project Linus.
On to the sewing, I usually sew at home and crochet when I'm staying at my son's apartment. These are going to be skirts for little girls in Kenya. They just need the elastic and hems.
Wheelchair and walker totes, just waiting to be stitched up!
And the hug pillows, lots and lots of hug pillows. These are finished, it just didn't seem right to show a stack of fabric rectangles.
AND There's MORE

Purse Projects - I always carry around yarn in my purse. Lately I've been making baby hats. I'm also doing a never-ending-blanket in baby sport weight yarn. I just add to the squares until they're big enough (5 rounds) as I finish the baby hats.

Small Amount of Yarn projects- I make yo-yo's and grannies daughters, I either keep these for future projects or send them to someone who makes other items with them.

Leftover Fabric- Gets cut up for strip pieced quilts, I make the squares as I go, adding a strip or two to the squares in between other projects. Here's a tutorial I made some time ago about making these quilt blocks.

And Waiting in The Wings- I have some more 6" grannies just waiting for someone to send some that want to play with the others to make more lapghans for the nursing homes.

5 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, my! You are spreading yourself thin - that's a lot of comittments. I don't like having too many irons in the oven - I don't like feeling rushed. I'm getting too old and slow for that!

Hope you're having a nice evening :-)

Anonymous said...

You sound like me. I have baby hats going, a crocheted afgan using scraps, a pair of socks on the needles for the troops, and a scarf in progress for my DD. That one is a time killer. Each knitted row is different. A challenging lace pattern to be sure. Our charities sure do keep us busy don't they? I also carry a baby hat in my purse at all times for when I just have a few minutes to wait somewhere! Great minds think alike!

Ghost said...

this is Scarlet from Scarlets yarn barn. do you have any preferences as to color on the six inch granny squares? I have some I would gladly send you if you do. Just leave a note on my blog and we can connect with exchange info. My sister is writing this for me since I have just had surgery.

Thea said...

Wow. lots of projects!

Sandy said...

Holly cow, you really are working on a lot. I've put my project bags away for awhile so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed with how many projects I've got going. Mentally, it helps to only see a few things. However once those bags are put away I stop thinking about working on them, so just yesterday decided I need a plan. A 7 day knit/crochet plan. Each day I'll work on something else. I think that will help with the things I really don't want to work on. I only have 7 projects/project bags out at one time. When one of the 7 is done I'll pull out another project that's in the works or start a new one.

Now that I've devised that plan, I need to see how many projects I actually have, note them and assign them a day of the week and put the plan in action.

Sandy